Thursday, July 9, 2009

So long binkie!

I'm so done with the pacifier. When we try putting Reece down awake, he gets mad and throws it out of his crib. So tonight, I decided we're done with it! He cried (well, screamed really) in his bed for about 45 minutes (I went in to check on him and calm him down every 10 minutes or so), and then I finally gave in and rocked him to sleep. While in my arms, he was clutching two of his "good girls" and moving his mouth like the binkie was in it (wish I had that on video). He did finally fall asleep and he fussed again for a few minutes, but I patted his back until he was asleep.

Hopefully things get better each day. I'm a little worried about naps tomorrow, but I think we can do it!
Eventually, we'll get to the point where we can put him in his crib with no binkie and he'll just fall asleep!

No comments: